As with any such generic advice we appreciate there will be queries and concerns:
Statement from Ansvar
Cover during difficult times
In light of current uncertainty, caused by the outbreak of COVID-19, we thought you would find the following helpful.
Employees working from home
We understand that the employees of our customers may be working from home, like our own.
With that in mind, we would like to remind our customers that most of our charity, faith and commercial products provide an extension for property temporarily away from the premises. Where we provide cover for contents, this includes property held by an employee at their home, under the Temporary Removal of Contents extension. The amount we cover is usually £2,500 or £5,000 depending on the policy you have bought.
This cover is not available under our Charity Protect, Small Charity Connect, Community Group Connect or Event Connect products. However, if you have All Risks then this will cover such property at the home of an employee.
As more and more employees are working from home, and no longer at the insured buildings, you may be concerned that the policy will regard your buildings as unoccupied, untenanted, empty or disused and your cover then restricted.
For an initial period up to and including the 30th June 2020, we will withhold the:
should your employees be forced to work from home as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
However, if your building is no longer occupied this represents a greater risk and it is important that you take measures to protect it. Our decision to withhold the above is subject to the following:
You must ensure that:
1. the buildings must be inspected internally and externally by an authorised person at least once per week to check the security and general condition of the premises;
2. all waste, refuse and other disused combustible materials must be cleared from the buildings and any grounds adjacent to it;
3. all external doors must be securely locked and all opening windows closed and locked (where fitted with locking devices);
4. all tanks and pipes must be drained down and all taps, stopcocks and mains supply valves turned off. If this is not possible, because you need to maintain a central heating system, a minimum temperature of 7°C must be maintained within the property at all times.
5. a) gas supplies must be switched off unless to maintain a central heating system in 4. above
b) electricity supplies must be switched off unless to maintain a central heating system in 4. above or existing intruder alarm systems, fire protection systems, CCTV, security lighting or sprinkler systems.
6. all existing physical devices for securing, or preventing access to, the buildings must be kept in full and effective operation at all times and to have all keys removed from the locks and kept in a secure place away from the premises;
All other policy terms, conditions and exceptions are unchanged.
We will review these changes towards the end of June.
We hope that this provides the reassurance you need. If this is not enough to meet the current crisis, or if you are unsure in any way, then speak to your Business Development Manager or one of our underwriters to discuss further.
Arson Prevention Forum. www.stoparsonuk.org
Risk advice line
Risk specialists are on hand to advise you on a range of topics, including:
Available Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (excluding public and bank holidays).
For further information speak to your insurance advisor or call us on 0345 60 20 999.