Unoccupied Premises- February 2021
We are now into the second month of lockdown 3.0 and the Prime Minister has confirmed we are at least a further month from considering lifting restrictions. It is at this point, under normal circumstances, that many of our Packaged products would be automatically reducing coverage for premises that remain unoccupied. As we acknowledge the continued national effort to control the virus, we can confirm that full coverage will continue without notification for unoccupied properties that meet the following conditions:
- The property is mandated to close according to the latest COVID lockdown rules
- The premises are inspected internally at least once every 7 days, by or on behalf of the Insured
- All trade refuse and waste materials are removed from the interior of the premises, with no accumulation of refuse or waste being allowed in the adjoining yards or spaces owned by the Insured
- The premises are secure at all times, by putting all fastenings and protections, including locking devices and any alarm protection, into full and effective operation
- The gas, water and electricity supplies, are turned off at the mains (except electricity needed to maintain any fire or intruder alarm systems, or water and heating systems for sprinklered premises)
These conditions and provisions will apply to all NIG Commercial policies.