Your career with Edwards Insurance Brokers
At Edwards Insurance Brokers our business is built on integrity, simplicity and truthfulness, with our clients at the heart and our specialist team at the foundations.
As Chartered Insurance Brokers we pride ourselves in the high calibre, personal service that sets us apart from the rest. From individual brokers to new business sales executives and even apprentices and trainees, we offer all of our staff the opportunity to continue their personal development and support them as they carve their own career and better their skills in the insurance industry.
Our business is constantly growing and we are always looking for driven and talented individuals to join our team so if you feel you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
Edwards Insurance Brokers is looking for someone to come and join our friendly team based in Meriden (CV7 7LJ). We are a family run business which genuinely cares for their employees and customers. We specialise in Church, Charity, Commercial and High Networth Insurance, so we require someone who has experience in dealing with all aspects of Commercial and Personal Lines claims.
Our priority is to give our clients peace of mind and the claims handling role is a fundamental part of this process as they will be contacting you at a distressing time, which is why we need an individual who is able to adapt their approach, be empathetic, supportive and really listen to our client’s needs.
You’ll need to:
- Keep our customers at the heart of what you do
- Be proactive in your approach
- Take ownership
- Negotiate a fair outcome
- Be empathetic and understanding
- Adapt your approach to our customers’ needs
- Be an excellent multitasker
- Liaise with third parties, solicitors, engineers, TP insurers, clients via phone/email/letter
- Ability to pay attention to detail/accuracy
- Liaising with all departments/managers to obtain relevant information
- Investigating and handling the claim in an efficient manner
- Maintain balance of work to ensure cost effective and timely settlement of all claims
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and to work independently
- Understand Legislation around EL/PL Claims
Ideally 3-4 years’ experience handling all aspects of Commercial and Personal claims.
Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. PC Literate. Excellent telephone manner. Excellent communications skills (Orally and Written).
What we’ll give you:
- The hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday, no evenings or weekends.
- We offer hybrid working, which is 2 days at home and 3 days in working from our office in Meriden
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, this does increase after 5 years continuous service
- Salary will be dependent upon experience
- Access to our company pension scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Commercial Account Handler
Edwards Insurance Brokers was established in 2004 and is a Commercial Insurance Brokerage based in Meriden, specialising in Church and Charity Insurance. We are looking for an experienced full time Insurance Broker. The role Objective is to provide a quality service to clients covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements. To advise, arrange and secure the appropriate cover at a competitive premium.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with both client and insurer and conducting related administration work such as new business, renewals, midterm adjustments, queries, premium finance arrangements.
- Obtain quotes for new and renewal business, analysing information gathered and undertaking research to make suitable recommendations
- Ensure all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and the companies compliance manual
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service
- Develop and maintain effective valuable relationships with insurer and underwriters for the benefit of the company and its clients
- Maintain all computer files in accordance with company standards, ensuring that there is a full and complete audit trail
- Manage an individual diary system
- Respond to allocated mail promptly
- Relay instruction for cover and any related issues to insurers
- Exercise own judgement, based on knowledge and experience when reviewing proposals and referring where appropriate
- Draw customers attention to all information pertinent in the clients insurances
- Make written records of all conversations
- Deal with any telephone queries for new and existing business and provide suitable advice
- Take instructions relating to the provision of insurance cover from clients and Account Executives
- Check all policy documents for accuracy before issuing to clients
A full copy of the job description is available on request.
The successful candidate: You will ideally have experience of commercial insurance broking. You will have experience of negotiating with insurance companies and have knowledge of general insurance and its underlying legal principles.
You’ll have knowledge of FCA rules and guidelines relating to commercial and private customers. You will have willingness to continue to develop knowledge through formal and informal learning. You’ll be super organised and have the ability to prioritise your workload so that deadlines are adhered to. You’ll have the ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external customers and use good interpersonal and communications skills confidently over the telephone.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Are you an experienced Account Executive specialising in a niche sector of insurance, looking to join a more caring and rewarding work environment? Or an executive seeking a better work/life balance who would still like to maintain and build your client relationships on a more flexible basis?
Edwards Insurance Brokers is a people focused business always on the lookout for new contributors and the opportunity to apply our experience, expertise and caring high performance approach with quality and attention to detail to other niche areas. Historically a church, charity and commercial focused business our vision is to consolidate in these sectors whilst expanding into new niches…..
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and let us know why you are Edwards Insurance Brokers’ next recruit.